Thursday, May 15, 2014

Back to Life

It's been a while since I was able to spend some time in the workshop, but today I managed to set aside an hour or so to look at the Bush SUG91 chassis again.

After a bit of coaxing, it's now sitting on the bench playing Smooth Radio on 1332kHz. The wave change switch is very intermittent though, even after a good dosing with Servisol.  


The only slightly worrying thing is a significant frequency drift. In the last 20 minutes or so I've had to re-tune it slightly several times. I suppose that this might be due to the dodgy switch, (or perhaps because because I gave the oscillator section a good soaking with switch cleaner!)  I'll see what happens if I leave it on test for a while. 

At least I'm one further step towards finishing this one. The restored cabinet has become a permanent fixture in the kitchen, but fortunately my wife likes it.

Keep listening!

No comments: