Saturday, March 03, 2018

A troublesome trio

If you read my previous entry you may remember that I was debating whether to put my R1155 or my WS19 at the front of the restoration queue. I had almost decided to concentrate on the WS19, as it appeared require less work to return to working condition, but then three unexpected and more urgent jobs arrived... all of them HF transceivers!

Clansman RT320,  PSU module removed




 My Clansman RT-320 developed a (nasty) power supply fault


Yaesu FT-757GX

                              My Yaesu FT-757GX had frequency stability problems

Alinco DX-70TH







And finally my Alinco DX-70TH failed
with a duff PA driver transistor!





I was able to start investigating the WS19 power supply while waiting for the Alinco's transistors to arrive. By late in February with all three troublesome radios working again, I was finally able to clear the bench and turn my attention back to restoration work.

More details will follow soon.

Keep listening!


No comments: