Sunday, January 18, 2015

Making progress

I've had quite a few DAC90A problems recently, with one set in particular needing no less than three faults fixing, in addition to the usual rewiring and component replacement. 

The worst of these was yet another broken wave change switch. This looked like it might be a problem, as fitting a modern replacement would have required hacking of the chassis to make it fit. Fortunately I managed to find a secondhand switch amongst an Internet auction lot for a few quid.

Fortunately my own ivory coloured DAC90A didn't throw any unexpected problems at me, and even the 'no expense spared' restoration was the quickest I've done yet. I guess I've picked up a few tips and tricks since I did the first one!


I've been trying to get all the domestic sets done so that I can move on to something that I've been looking forward to for a while.

Coming soon... A 1940's National HRO receiver. 

Keep listening!


No comments: