Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Then there were three!

I'm lucky that my wife understands and to some degree shares my interest in vintage radio. Many of my friends' partners would object to the number of old sets that have taken up residence in our house over the last few years. 

However, I noticed a less than enthusiastic response when I arrived home with another HRO-MX receiver last night! 


The HRO is a classic, but it was never intended to be nice to look at; unlike some of the domestic sets in my collection, with their wonderful wooden veneer finish and stylish Art Deco lines.

This latest HRO actually belongs to a good friend of mine, who was happy to lend it to me so that I can compare a couple of things with the one currently on my bench.

I'd better not tell her that I've also agreed to get it working for him, which means it will be staying in our house for a while yet...

Keep listening!

No comments: